Downloading the Pacru software
Please read all these instructions before downloading
- 1) click on the "click here to download" link below, and download the zip file (ideally to a new directory/folder).
- 2) when it has downloaded (should be fairly quick on broadband (e.g. 7 seconds on a 10.0 Mpbs connection), may be rather slow on
dial-up (e.g. about 5 mins on 33k) because it is 1 megabyte) then you can close your internet connection
- 3) Unzip the game: find the file (unless you chose a different name it will be pacru.zip) using find/search in windows and then double click on it. If you haven't got unzip software go onto the net and download it from a reliable source.
- 4) Extract the files - probably an icon in the unzip software. Unzip them to a new
directory (if you created a new directory before you started the download, you can use that).
Once you have downloaded the game file and unzipped it
Please respect Alan's copyright in the game software and Mike's in the game design. If
you wish to develop amended versions of the software or the game please contact us.
- 1) start up Internet Explorer without going on-line (if you get a dial-up
box, then just cancel it, or choose work off-line)
- 2) in Internet Explorer go to FILE / OPEN / BROWSE and then work your way
through to the folder where you have put the downloaded Pacru files
- 3) look for pacru\software\net.html - this should then come up in your browser offering you 2,3 or 4 player game (2 people side by side at computer) or a game against the basic computer machine. You should be able to go forward from there
- 4) you can add this to your favourites in the browser - then you can start it off quickly next time without going through steps 1,2,3 above
- 5) please note that if you have chosen "work off-line" in Internet Explorer it will
probably be set that way next time you start it up - so some of you may need to click to turn off "work off-line" so that you get an internet connection.
Click here to download the one megabyte pacru software
Please give us feedback if these instructions don't work for you - especially if you can suggest better ways of communicating what steps someone has to take! Thanks